CyanogenMod 11 developers have finally made an Android 4.4.2 KitKat running firmware for Samsung Galaxu core. This was also nominated to get one this year from Samsung. But this firmware doesn't have bloatware apps and considered a stable release.Galaxy Core/Core duos Gets CM 11
Galaxy Core/Core duos users can now enjoy as early as this month a stable version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat from CyanogenMod 11 firmware. It has bloatware-free system, CPU sleep mode, YouTube HQ and offline charging.
Android kitkat 4.4 ( cm11 ) link - here
1. Flash this custom ROM to the Samsung Galaxy Core/Core duos only.
2. Root and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery on the smartphone.
3. Create a manual backup of all personal files, information and settings stored on the device.
4. Ensure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
5. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Application > Development.
6. Download the CM 11 ROM and Google Apps package to your computer.Warning: CM 11 requires manual installation on your smartphone. We are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy Core/Core duos.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Core / Core duos the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy then paste the CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM and Google Apps package to the SD card of the smartphone. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Switch off the smartphone.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till theSamsung logo appears
5. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup."
6. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > look for the custom ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."It may take at least 5 minutes until your Galaxy Core/core duos reaches the home screen.