The Galaxy J5 2016 and Galaxy J5 2015 shares similar CPU and GPU. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat Samsung Experience Port has been released by XDA developer "shivasharma63420". Aside from bringing over Android 7.1.1 to the Galaxy J5 2015, it also brings in pretty much all new apps and features.
Since it's an unofficial attempt, you'll need to Install Custom Recovery in order to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Port on your Samsung Galaxy J5 2015.
The developer notes that the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Port works with SM-J500F, SM-J500FN, SM-J500H, and SM-J500M.
How to Download and Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Samsung Experience on Galaxy J5 2015:
- You need to have Stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Install Recovery with support Aroma (eg. Zonik's).
- Download the ROM (Fixes, etc.) & copy it to your SD Card.
- Enter in Recovery & make 5 wipes (Recommended Full Wipes).
- After follow the instructions of the Aroma Installer.
- Select Apps, Mods, etc.
- Go to recovery & clear dalvik cache & cache 5 to 6 times & then finally Reboot.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes (First start of installation, long delay).
- Configure & enjoy the ROM.
Aroma Support Recovery: XDA
Android 7.1.1 Nougat Port: XDA